Look Deeper is a safe space for the conversations you want to have about bias in pop culture, the news, and in your own lives. You can share stories and comment using images, videos, audio clips, links, and more.
Look Deeper is part of MTV's Look Different campaign, which is here to help you erase the hidden racial, gender, and anti-LGBT bias all around us. As part of the campaign, MTV launched the Look Different Challenge, asking for creative ideas for a digital tool that would help us have meaningful conversations about bias. The winning tool, Look Deeper, was inspired by an entry from Joe Wheeler, a recent graduate and designer interested in how thoughtful media can spark conversations and encourage critical thinking.
Any questions or comments? Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To access the Community Guidelines for using Look Deeper, click here.
Look Deeper Community Guidelines
- Follow the rules. Seriously! Failure to comply with posted guidelines will result with a warning followed by a deletion of your account if you continue to disregard these really simple guidelines. This isn't baseball and we have a two-strike policy here. That means that if you mess up twice, you're out.
- Don't even think about doing anything illegal. If we find you doing anything illegal, your account will be deleted and we will report you immediately to the appropriate authorities.
Look Deeper Guidelines
Follow these steps to make sure your submissions and comments make on the site:
- Respect others. We at Look Deeper are a diverse community. Preserving this means that respecting other people is a must. Behave the same way on our site as you would in the real world. Always consider how you phrase your questions and comments before you post, a.k.a. think before you speak. We're here to learn from each other, not single people out or make anyone feel uncomfortable.
- Never reveal personally-identifiable information in your submissions or comments. Whether you're submitting a story to Look Deeper or commenting, be sure not to give out your real name, e-mail address, address, phone number, or hangouts. Don't reveal personal information about anyone else you mention either-even their first name. And if this information is available on other websites, don't add links to those sites. It's not only against the rules to put personally-identifiable information but it could also be dangerous.
- Spare us the graphic details! Look Deeper is all about sharing stories about bias. As you post, be sure to think about what is necessary in order for the community to understand the situation. If you post stories, jokes, or other content with graphic details, your submission will not surface on Look Deeper.
- In order to make sure Look Deeper is a safe space for everyone involved, some content about serious emotional issues may be removed from the site. If you or someone you know is dealing with a situation involving self-harm or suicide, please call 1-800-273-8255 or visit halfofus.com for resources. For more resources, click here.
- Finally, don't spam or copy and paste messages repeatedly. This one seems pretty obvious, but plastering people with unwanted or inappropriate comments is definitely not cool. Need we say more.